A well-furnished and up to date Research and Development Centre (ERC), staffed by highly qualified and competent research scientists make Embio a promising candidate for contract research work. We have an excellent track record with technology absorption, technology validation, process optimization and downstream processing during our past undertakings.
- Chiral Chemistry
- Catalytic Hydrogenation
- Handing Controlled Substances
Contract research facilities available
- Class 1000000 and Class 10000 clean room areas for microbiology, assay activities
- Double door steam sterilizer
- Off line & On line enzyme activity analysis
- Yeast, fungal and bacterial fermentation including Category 1 GMO’s
- Lab scale fermenters of 20L and 150L
- Pilot scale fermenters of 10L, 20L, 50L, 150L, 500L, 1000L, 2000L, 4000L for scale up and parameter optimization studies.
- Downstream processing area with centrifugation, counter current extraction, chromatography (gel, silica, ion exchange), membrane filtration (MF/NF/UF/RO)
- Effluent treatment solutions using anaerobic digestion.
Embio offers a wide variety of services as a Contract Manufacturing Organization. At the pilot level, we have an array of fermenters – 10L, 20L, 50L, 100L, 500L, 1000L, 2000L, 4000L for products of high value and low volume such as enzymes, APIs etc. This comes with the facility to customize the scale and type of fermentation to the customer’s requirement. We have experienced staff whose expertise lies in yeast, bacterial and fungal fermentation, both wild type and recombinant.
Embio has also put in a great deal of work into performing enzymatic reactions using whole cells, free enzymes and immobilized enzymes (with an intent to recover and reuse the enzyme).